quarta-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2017

Reason to be

Struggling, compensating
I'm searching for a reason to live
Because that bright light doesn't lie in yesterday.

I'm like a stray dog, running without a destination.

In order to fill that blank space,
I've been searching for just one line, one sentence.
I ask for way too much from myself, but that will never get me anything,
Why does everything always end up making me fall apart?

I'll reach the sky with this tainted hand.

Desire, resistance
I'm searching for my reason to live
Because the answer doesn't lie in yesterday..
On this page, once my wandering comes to an end,
My reason to live will be composed!

Floating between the lines,
The definition of lies and truth are meaningless, they are nonsense.
I've been running and averting my eyes from an instinct I can't tame...
In the end, nothing saves me from it!

Looking up
Twisting away at it
I'm trying to grab a reason to be.

I'll surely go on to wander a desert of words and desires.
All of us standing in opposition are the outcome of our wandering selves:
A paradox that becomes even more entwined.

I've decided to never ask for too much
Because the reason I can't tame myself
Is because I don't believe in me.

I learned of pain
I realized that was the beggining of my salvation
So take my hand.

Struggling, compensating
We'll keep searching for a reason to be.
We are the only ones who can write this new page.

We are stray dogs, running towards tomorrow.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário